In the age of high-speed Internet, almost everyone has access to regulatory legal acts, comments to them, advice from professional lawyers. And all this is free, on almost any problematic issue that arises in the field of jurisprudence. It is enough to devote a few hours to one question, how a person becomes a specialist. But such reasoning is erroneous, leading to serious financial and reputational losses.
Most people who are far from professional legal education think so. Few people think that after five years of study at the university, a newly minted lawyer is asked to work for lawyers who have dozens of years of practical experience behind them. And only after years of work under the guidance of professionals, not a young, but mature specialist tries his hand on his own. And this is no accident.
Pre-trial and trial process is a confrontation between two parties:
- Prosecution and defense – in criminal cases;
- Plaintiff and Defendant – in civil disputes.
Each side builds tactics that are influenced by:
- Initial materials on the dispute;
- Results of pre-trial settlement;
- Legal analysis of the prospects of the case;
- Personalities (professional qualities) of representatives of the opposing side and judges;
- The established legal practice in the region and the Supreme Court on the issue under consideration.
Even minor mistakes lead to a loss, and a layman makes a lot of them, both in substantive and procedural law. Outcome: the deadline was missed, the facts were not proven, the court made a decision in favor of the opponent. Although the case was initially winning, inept actions lead to the opposite result.
In addition, a lawyer seeks and finds an opportunity, gaps in legislation, non-standard approaches that allow him to win hopeless disputes. Finally, if he confronts a person who decides to save money on legal support, the chances of winning are greatly increased.
When is a lawyer needed?
Recommended at the earliest stage. For example, in a criminal proceeding, a lawyer must be involved when arresting or raising suspicion. That is, even at the beginning of the investigation. Only in this case, law enforcement officers comply with procedural norms, do not put pressure on the suspect.
In 2019, 2/3 of criminal cases ended in conviction only because the persons suspected of crimes admitted their guilt.
In business, a tax attorney is needed at the planning stage to select a taxation system, when calculating:
- Kind of activity;
- Form of the company: individual, collective, corporate;
- Estimated turnover;
- Taxation system;
- Other factors.
All this is taken into account in tax planning, this approach reduces further costs of payments to the budget, minimizes unpleasant consequences during tax audits.
Similarly, there is a need for a lawyer and from citizens who, for example, buy or sell real estate. It is ineffective to seek help from a specialist when money is transferred to fraudsters and their trace is gone. You need to assess the risks before the transaction is completed. It is the lawyer who needs to trust this procedure.
- Bay of an apartment or neighbors;
- Dispute with the management company;
- Household fight;
- road accident;
- Conflict with an insurance company;
- Divorce proceedings, appointment of alimony, change of their size, division of property;
- Disputes about inheritance;
- Legal support in property alienation transactions;
- Re-registration of pensions;
- Disputes with credit institutions.
- At work: employment and dismissal, delayed wages, non-payment of vacation pay
- In business: planning, registration of an enterprise, conclusion of contracts, tax optimization, support of inspections by fiscal authorities, invalidation of tax decisions.
- Support of foreign economic activity;
- Collection of receivables;
- Negotiations with creditors;
- Debt restructuring;
- Settlement of labor disputes with personnel;
- Reorganization of an enterprise, its liquidation or bankruptcy.
They turn to a lawyer in order to win legal disputes and do not become a victim of unscrupulous persons, as well as fraudsters.
Even businesses that have a full-time lawyer engage lawyers. They can limit themselves to their employee, but this reduces the effectiveness of dispute resolution. Lawyers narrowly specialize in one or more areas, improve in them with practice. The efficiency of doing business with their involvement dramatically increases the chances of winning.